The main objective of the RIOS-project is to
develop an action plan for the future research in the area of
rehabilitation of oiled animals and to stimulate the contacts and
future cooperation between scientists and other stakeholders in this area.
Furthermore, the project aims at actively contribute to the implementation of
the work programme and potentially help the preparation of the future Framework
The activities of the RIOS-project includes
the following actions:
- Creation of an expert group;
- Study (collection of information) and analysis of the
- Mapping exercise (to identify European expertise and
- Development of research strategy;
- Organisation of an International Workshop that will
take place in Algarve (Portugal) on 17-19 April 2008;
- Dissemination of information (to stakeholders);
- Communication activities.
The expected impacts of the RIOS-project
- Increased cooperation between stakeholders from
- Input to the European Commission for joint research
priorities to the 7th and 8th Framework Programme;
- Avoiding duplicate research by stimulating cooperation;
- Establishing research consortia for the development of
- Development of an action plan for research.